Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Princess is finally starting to get better! I was really worried for awhile and almost brought her in to the vet this morning so they could put her on an IV but she started eating again. She hasn't had much more than a few bites a day for about 4 days now and I hadn't really seen her drink much water. We did have her at the vet on wednesday and they ended up putting liquid under her skin as she was dehydrated. Then later that day she puked up the medication I tried to give her and it was mixed in with blood which totally freaked me out so I called the vet the next day and we decided that if she hadn't really eaten much over the next day or so, I would bring her in for IV anti-biotics and forced feeding. I was about to do it, but I got woken up at 4:30 this morning by two yowling cats outside who were having a catfight and at that time I gave Mia some soft food and she ate some, and then she ate again this morning when I got up and then again this afternoon when I got home from my stamp camp. Only a few bites at a time but it's better than it has been. And, I saw her drink water after eating this last time so I think she's on the mend now. She still has a bit of snorking but I think her breathing is better in general.
I hate it when the animals get sick! It's hard when they can't tell you what's wrong. I think I'm going to be terribly obssessive over the baby when he gets here! I'm bad enough with the cats, never mind a kid!!!
As I type this, I have Sara glommed next to me and Charlie just jumped up and cuddled next to her and is now grooming her. It's very very cute.
I'm going to go now that I have dedicated an entire entry to my sick cat!!!!

No comments: